Thursday, May 8, 2008

del.icio.us

Is del.icio.us really delicious?

I've been a big fan of using bookmarks for a long time, however I can't really say I would use delicious all that much personally. I think in the general scheme of things online, it's good to have something to be able to categorize bookmarks, links, favorites and all the other derivatives. It never ceases to amaze me the innovation that web creators and developers go to, to integrate the the morass of information that exists of the web.

Navigation and finding what you need, when you need, can be a major hurdle. However, I see such as system as del.icio.us, as being more advantageous to mobile users who commute between computer terminals. These days most mobile users, house their bookmarks for use on one machine which will usually be a primary computer. I couldn't see myself personally using del.icio.us on a frequent basis, although I would be interested to see if it provides a more seamless integration in a user's web browser environment.

As it can be seen, del.icio.us has taken the best parts of managing a series of bookmarks and expanded the concept into shaping our view of how we can share our favorites - get it share our favorites - ha-ha. The use of terminology and semantics in tagging is revolutionary and all-encompassing (at least it tries to be). It's a big mission to try and categorize everything and anything. In today's current technological era, everyone has a different opinion of how something is expressed, classified and defined.

For me del.icio.us, takes the step to try to meet the needs towards a more organized and personal bookmarking system, and it does so well.

Some interesting things relating to NIN @ del.icio.us

Anything interesting to check out is Digg.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for your thoughts on online bookmarking and Library Thing, too.
You're right managing those passwords becomes a bit unweildly. I've heard it termed "password fatigue"!!
Kathleen A.